Job Title: Housing Operations Specialist
Department: Interim Housing Department
Reports To: Housing Operations Supervisor
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Prepared By: HR to Go
Prepared Date: August 2019
Summary: The Housing Operations Specialist reports directly to the Housing Operations Supervisor. Under the direction of the Program Manager and the Housing Operations Supervisor, this position oversees a team of House Leaders and engages with case management to ensure smooth and efficient delivery of services to all individuals within the Interim Housing Program.
Employment decisions of personnel will be made solely on the basis of merit, skill, training, ability, and qualifications without discrimination with regard to: race, age, color, religious creed, gender, genetic information, genetic characteristics, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, religion, marital status, military status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Assists in the training of House Leaders.
· Handles issues that arise within Interim Housing sites in a professional manner.
· Attends weekly meetings with Case Management and Operations staff of SSHH.
· Meets homeless individuals in the field to perform program intake and provide transportation to interim housing sites.
· Communicates all crises to the Housing Operations Supervisor immediately.
· Keeps records of house rule violations, maintenance and service requests.
· Monitors and enforces behavioral contracts for program participants who have violated program rules as needed per program director.
· Ensures that Interim Program houses have all necessary household supplies and renews those supplies monthly.
· Performs routine maintenance at Interim Housing sites.
· Manages crises as they arise, and other duties assigned.
· Regular, predictable attendance is required.
· Ability to get along and work effectively with others.