Job Title: General Maintenance / Handyman Worker
Department: Rental Housing Department
Reports To: Rental Housing Supervisor
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Prepared By: HR to Go
Prepared Date: July 2019
Summary: The job of General Maintenance / Handyman Worker was established for the purpose/s of providing maintenance services as needed and/or assigned; assisting in a wide variety of maintenance activities; addressing immediate operational and /or safety concerns; and ensuring that tools, materials are maintained and available at job site when needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Arrange furniture and equipment for the purpose of preparation of setting up new program houses.
· Coordinate with other property management companies when repairs are the owner’s responsibly.
· Performs a wide variety of general and semiskilled maintenance activities (e.g. carpentry, painting, electrical, plumbing etc.)
· Prepares written materials (e.g. repair status, activity logs, etc.) for the purpose of documenting activates and/or conveying information.
· Repair furniture and building system components for the purpose of ensuring a safe working condition.
· Responds to emergency situations during and after hours for the purpose of resolving immediate safety concerns.
· Performs other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective function of the work.
· Upholds agency values and ethics.
· Maintains positive working relationships.
· Regular, predictable attendance is required.